vmcMote, vmcMote Lite, vmcMote HD and vmcMote HD Lite are all available in the App Store. Just follow the links below.
vmcMote (running on the IPhone/IPod Touch) and vmcMote HD (running on the iPad), require a server running on the Media Center computer. The server is realized as a Media Center Addin. Both variants -- vmcMote and vmcMote HD -- use the same server.
Important: Please ensure that you have the server version that corresponds to your client version!
If you are running Windows 8, please read this post: Windows 8 Support
For client version 1.2.8 and 220.127.116.11
Server 18.104.22.168 replaces 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
Previous Server Versions
- You need .NET Framework 3.5 to run vmcMote Server.
- Windows Vista 32 Bit with Media Center or Windows 7 - 32 or 64 Bit (all versions contain Media Center).
The new installer based server installation is pretty self explaining. However, you can also get the basic install instructions in the
Server Installation Help Section.
The server can be configured. For example it's name. Please see the corresponding
Server Settings Help Section for more information.
Server Version History
- Brings small improvements regarding the sync of huge libraries.
- Improves sync speed in sync phase 1 compared to version 1.2.8. Especially when music files are located on a network share.
- Replaces version 1.2.8
- Fixes issue of albums being present multiple times in list if several artists per album.
- Year tag is now synced and shown in album info.
- IMPORTANT: Issue a re-sync for changes (Album fix and Year tag) to take effect.
- Album classification by length detection made configurable via settings.xml
- Speed of sync phase one improved (by factor 2-3 compared to server 188.8.131.52)
- High resolution embedded covers are used now (enables much better cover quality). Default sync resolution in settings.xml is 240x240 by now.
- Fixed: When multiple albums with same name, but different author, only one was shown in album view.
- Fixed a bug in installer that might prevented the usage of custom server name at first installation.
- DVD/video/recording detection of now playing videos will work again.
- Small fix to provide better fault tolerance during sync process.
- Complete new network stack and improved sync process. Sync problems should not happen any more, even in problematic wireless networks.
- Volume slider works without any delays now.
- New album/compilation detection. For example, long runtime, but single track albums will be classified as albums now.
- Compilations get covers now.
- Albums with no cover will get none, and not a wrong one.
- vmcMote uses embedded covers now, backup is folder.jpg
- Sorting is correct now if "Show Compilation Artists" is enabled.
- Numerous minor fixes and enhancements.
- App icon slightly modified.
- Fixes to make the Volume Slider work under 64 Bit.
- New functionality to enable Random Subset enqueuing.
184.108.40.206 - New Windows Installer.
- New generic fix for the "One Title Mode" problem. It is now possible to get the Now Playing List back under Windows 7 in case it was broken.
- Increased the idle time in case of no connection.
- Optimized the problem detection in first sync phase. This tackles the problem of false sync abortions in case of corrupt audio files.
- Better problem description in Log Level 3 Output.
- 64 Bit Support (considered as BETA, should work at least with Win 7 64 Bit, Vista 64 was not tested)
- Fixed a bug regarding unicode characters in server names.
- Fixed a problem when "&" are in radio stream addresses.
- Fixed a problem related to volume slider control executing not the correct number of steps.
- Fixed the virtual keyboard backspace key having no function. 220.127.116.11
- Improved support for Windows 7: If WMP remoting becomes unavailable, the now playing track is retrieved via the Media Center SDK. This works also on Vista without TvPACK!
- Radio station support - Check the "radio" subfolder to add custom radio stations.
- On Windows 7 and Vista without TvPACK: Now playing video info and skipping in video. Not for LiveTV and DVD, on Vista not for Recorded TV.
- Volume Control Via slider.
- Minor changes to enable an installation on Windows 7 RC1 32 Bit
- Windows 7 support is considered BETA, as Win 7 is still a release candidate.
- A potential bug leading to a track length of 0 for all tracks has been fixed
1.0.1 (not available any more, substituted by 18.104.22.168)
- Debug Logging added
- Wrong command for "stop" button fixed
- Added info popup when tracks are deleted from playlists because they were not existent any more after a database update.
- Syncing improved (Code to catch additional errors, not found folders during cover search are excluded, sync timeout increased, ...)
- A few minor bugs fixed
- First Version